“Superfoods are those that offer exceptional health benefits. Beyond what you’d expect based on just their nutritional profile.”
Superfoods aren’t a nutritionally recognized category of foods UFABET. So there are no specific criteria a food must meet to be considered one. But the title is typically reserved for natural foods. That are especially nutrient-dense while generally being low in calories.
Each superfood has different nutritional properties. But overall, they’re associated with:
- Heart health.
- A strong immune system.
- Cancer prevention.
- Reduced inflammation.
- Lower cholesterol.
In particular, superfoods are rich in:
- Antioxidants: These natural compounds protect your cells from damage and may lower the risk of heart disease, cancer and other diseases.
- Minerals: These essential nutrients (think calcium, potassium, iron and the like) help your body perform at its highest level.
- Vitamins: It’s better to get these organic compounds from natural foods — like superfoods. Than from supplements.
Superfoods may also be high in:
- Fiber: Fiber helps decrease cholesterol, prevent heart disease and control glucose in Type 2 diabetes.
- Flavonoids: Found in plants, flavonoids (once called vitamin P) have anti-inflammatory and anti-carcinogenic properties.
- Healthy fats: Monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fats. “good fats,” help lower your cholesterol and prevent heart disease and stroke.